Oh my goodness! Why didn't I stumble across this sooner? It makes perfect sense!
So, the theory (I read this somewhere) is old habits die hard (Kinda like Bruce Willis). When you're changing your baby's diaper naturally you roll the wipe all up inside the diaper and toss the whole thing. When you're changing your baby's cloth diaper, you roll up the wipe inside the diaper... and are picking linty pieces of wipe off the clean diapers :(
So, naturally a cloth wipe would just be washed with the diaper and that's it!
Almost it. We need to moisten them. I found a cool site with recipes and it's typically three simple ingredients. Always water, usually a baby oil or olive oil etc as a carrier to break down whatever the third ingredient is. Sometimes just a baby wash, sometimes essential oils, aloe, chamomile and so on. Awesome. So lots of experimenting. I ordered cloth wipes (I thought to use baby washcloths, but they're actually more expensive than the wipes I found online at Etsy.com. Cool site).
Best part, Steve's all open to the idea. Score.
Total cost is less than a month of wipes. So if I try it for one full month and don't like it, it evens out.
No comments:
Post a Comment