I spent some time being frustrated about my cloth diapers. I had no problem washing them-'gross' doesn't phase me. But the pins were being a pain and the rubber pants were loose around his waist while cutting into his thighs. So I sent Steve out for some more disposables pending internet research at the Aunt and Uncle's. Sunday rolls around and I spend probably two hours looking stuff up.
I've got the prefolds, no problem.
I tried the Boingo ... it's got teeth that grip the prefold. Sucked haha, he kicked it loose before I had the second one on.
No good...
So... I needed a slightly more expensive solution. Econobum. These are pretty much awesome, no pins or boingos or stupid snappis (granted I've never tried the snappi). put the prefold wing-style over baby and snap the cover on. One size with adjustable snaps. I love them and in three weeks he's only leaked twice, once around his leg and once up his back... you'll have mishaps with disposable too right?
So, problems solved with the diapering.
Nursing...
Less cool than diapering problems is nursing problems. Our main issues were thrush and instead of talking to the pediatrician and getting prescriptions to treat it, we talked to the midwife and her assistant who just happens to be a lactation consultant. They recommended Gentian Violet. You paint this purple crap all over you and baby for three days, take a two day break and repeat for three days. Excellent! It's totally gone!
Second issue is the cost of disposable nursing pads... especially comfortable ones. I tried to make my own which would be excellent if I didn't have an infant to take care of :/ I made one and it was perfect, but it took almost an hour (during which time Daddy and Adam hung out). The single one I made was with cheap gerber prefold diapers which are not soft enough for diapering cut into circles and an old t-shirt sewn on top of it-for the softness- it'd be perfect. However I'd need several hours just to make half as many as I'd need. They sell fancy ones online-2 pair for fifteen dollars. Nuk has some for 3 bucks which are not as soft as one would like haha, but they're working for now. We'll see.
~ ~ ~ ~ Sharon ~ ~ ~ ~
No comments:
Post a Comment