-Steve
It's strange, something you don't think of as you're going about life, running through elementary years, through teen drama, and into young adulthood. You can't ride your parents' salvation. It came up in conversation last night after getting an email of a similar topic. When you're raised Christian, typically you don't remember how your parents witnessed to you. Not really maybe you remember your decision for salvation, but you've always done the church three times a week, volunteering for events and cleaning and so on, so it always runs together and so you were "always a Christian." Like my run on sentences? Yeah, I plan to homeschool... ;)
Oi, so the problem now is how do you ensure your child's salvation? You can't, but that's a separate issue. How do you make sure you've done EVERYTHING in your power to introduce them to Christ?
I've got plenty of vague ideas which include not exposing them to concepts of a non-Christian spiritual nature until they've been saved (that idea from the Aunt), music too... yeah, some are just not good and I've enjoyed them thoroughly, friends.... this stuff only works when they're little.
I don't know....
I'd forgotten you have a blog - so today I was catching up. I'm thinking maybe we had a slight disconnect (re not-exposing-kids-til-saved, which I don't think I would actually say...)... But that can wait for another visit. Meanwhile, happy blogging!
ReplyDelete