Adam is my experiment baby right? Haha, Growing Up Home is my adventures in parenting at home (eventually, homeschooling and such). This is not a parenting guide... as a first time mom I have no such right, it is however what I'm doing and how I'm doing it. <3
Christian Start
So, the first thing we started to do in our parenting was deciding how to approach church - logical first step for conservative Christians.
We're going to a great Baptist church in Mesa and Adam's been going since his second week. Before he was born we wanted to find a Board Book Bible. I couldn't find one that wasn't far too paraphrased to be considered a Bible, but in the wonderful world of Bookmans there was a Board Book of the 23rd Psalm. It's a good start. The idea was I wanted him to always remember having a Bible, as far back as his memory will ever go. So, until I'm satisfied with a decent Board Book Bible, we've been tucking this into the diaper bag.
The other thing that we decided was that our kids will stay with us in service. Steve has much more time logged in 'age appropriate classes' than I do, but overall both our parents kept us in services with them from an early age. This is much more difficult done than said... especially when I spend nearly every Sunday pacing the foyer with a crying infant. Keeping them with us means nursery too, if I'm going to stick with it, I can't be giving in within the first few weeks I suppose. I've not listened to more than a sermon in two months, but we're getting there. He enjoyed this past week's music and I only left the service once for a diaper and feeding. Proud of my little boy.
Steve read him his first Bible Story last night while I was cooking. 1 Samuel 4-6. I think it bored him haha, but it was adorable to see Daddy reading the six week old such a story of the perils of Philistine armies haha.
All in all a good start.
No comments:
Post a Comment