Mom had made some compelling arguments about starting introducing baby foods now. Most interesting was how long it would take him to get used to eating (might as well be just starting at 6 months for all the acclimating he has to do) and also about jumping on his interest while he's still interested. Four Months Old.
So off I rode to find some fun recipes to play with (after of course initial introductions are made).
Adam and I went to Sprout's (an excellent chain of whole food stuffs) a few nights ago and picked up organic grains and fruits. That night Adam and Nana met each other. Banana that is. I stirred in a little water to help smooth out the harder banana-not entirely sure it was ripened despite the yellow color- and away we went. He was alarmed and stopped opening his mouth after a few minutes. Night number two he seemed to enjoy more. This time I mixed bits with some breastmilk we'd prepared for a trip and he finished nearly the whole bit (probably 2 tablespoons).
This morning was day three of Banana Tasting and he seems to really like his 'nanas. Mommy is happy. When we get back from the trip we're going to try the avocado I don't like. It too is organic (might as well avoid the excess pesticides while he's small, Lord knows he'll get a bunch later on).
The grains are for cereals, rice, rolled oats, and barley. They can be ground and frozen or prepared and frozen. I think I'll just prepare them.
I also made him applesauce with Jonathan Apples which are incredibly tasty, actually. Also from Sprout's as they tend to stock a lot of different types of apples. I froze them in snack size gladware containers.
No comments:
Post a Comment