Friday, November 8, 2013

No TV . . . not NOW Not EVER . . . where's the remote??

Haha! While I hope to never sound like that as my kids grow up, I do want to limit tv exposure. Technology exposure would be more accurate, but for the sake of  simple post, tv.

I grew up with tv... probably not to the extent of most since we didn't have cable when we were young and were instead relegated to watching countless episodes of Star Trek on VHS sent down by Grandma, or bits of Disney and Nick cartoons taped by Aunt Diane for us. When we did get cable we watched a lot of it. I have no regrets on that, it's not where these feelings come from. Instead, since moving to Arizona, getting married, having Adam... we've had no cable or satellite. No Netflix, Hulu, Voodoo, jumbo and whatever else streams video directly to your tv via a weird little black box the government likely has a spy camera in watching you sit on your couch eating popcorn and staring blankly at the screen). Nah, I still have no problems with that and apparently I can ramble like it's nobody's business. All we've had, Steve and I are our DVDs. We go through phases of watching a few a week to none for nearly a month and I like it. It feels good not to have it. We plan to never have the afore mentioned cables and streaming systems in our home (which I'm sure Adam and siblings as teenagers will loathe us for, lol). Regardless, it's very nice right now, in this part of our family's life.

That said, last night I set the computer on my bed, put Adam on my lap and Steve leaned over my shoulder and we watched "Bubble Trouble," One of the "New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" episodes on Youtube. It's a little over ten minutes long... Adam loved watching Tigger bouncing around the screen singing about his bubble concoction while Steve cracked up (see, we're huge Pooh fans). It was a sweet moment and one to be repeated now and again.

That's all for now... Adam needs some attention.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment